Thursday, June 18, 2009

New house!

We moved Zach into the house last weekend! And since then I have been working on scrubbing the kitchen cabinets and counters, as hard as I can. Apparently they haven't been wiped down since the house was built? It's not very comforting when things are changing colors as you're cleaning. But with the old (3) layers of contact paper torn out, and my adorable strawberry ones put it, things are looking much better.

our kitchen, note the double oven:)
What I suspect to be the very first dishwasher

We even have the instruction manual, copywright 1957

I had to read the whole thing because it was entertaining, they went one for 2 pages about how to pull the racks out before you load the dishes


Zach got a lawnmower and other... lawn ... things. I don't really know, who knew I would be as bored in Home Depot now as I was when I was 8. Now I know how Zach feels when I drag him into Michael's. But our lawn is looking better already. I keep finding things in the backyard, like these flowers! which are my new favorite!

Also, there seems to be a family of giant moths seem to be living in the house...

1 comment:

Stickfigure Darcy said...

Hooray! I'm excited your house is shaping up. Im ALSO excited for 1957 manuals that assume people don't know what a "dish washing machine" is.

share this