Tuesday, September 2, 2008

things of CO

So I'm trying my best to fit in with all the other coloradoers, I'm preparing for my first real winter, I bought semi-ugly shoes that are ridiculously comfortable and waterproof, and have traction for snow, after the one day of cold rain here proved to me that I do not have any footwear that can withstand weather of any sort, apart from the rainboots that emilee and I bought last year, but houndstooth plastic rainboots are not for all occasions:)

I also participated in an event quite popular 'round these parts, Sniagrab.
Apparently Sniagrab is where all the sports stores explode into their parking lots, and you can buy ski stuff. It's madness. I went twice. The name confused me, I thought it was snigrab, you know, to grab ski or snowboard stuff, to sni.
Me: "wait, Snia? what's the 'a' for?"
Zach: "for? it's bargains spelled backwards, it says it right there"
apparently their event slogan is: Sniagrab: bargains spelled backwards.

And from this giant event my big purchase was a pair of socks and mittens. Zach however got the prettiest (I mean, the manliest) ski jacket in the whole world.

I also have a ski pass now, it seems weird to buy one in August. But now I can walk around with my pass wearing my ski clothes and pretend like I know what I'm doing, when I actually have no idea, and I'm pretty certain I will brake my leg trying to ski this season.

There are a few things I refuse to do to fit in though, I won't stop saying "the" in front of freeway numbers, like "the 70" or "the 25", I will also keep calling them freeways, not highways, or I-whatever. I know I must sound silly, but they sound goofy too when they talk about "highway I-5", dude, it's the 5.
In other news, I don't hate my job! it's strange, after hating my last one so much. I even decorated my office space, my desk is the cutest one! I hung up pictures on my wall, I have flowers on my desk, and a candy dish, and my favorite thing, the teapot:)

I get to fly to California (which reminds me of my other pet peeve, "Cali" I don't shorten your state Colo. I decided I'm going to elongate the names of everything, like "Brekenekenridge" ha!)
Anyway, I get to go back on Thursday, and play with Emilee all day Friday! and go to Amy's wedding on Saturday, and stay in a hotel room full of girls on Saturday night! so fun!

I got this text from my sister at 2 am last night: "oh my gosh! I just got asked out!"
I can't wait for the story on that one.





1 comment:

Jessica said...

"The 25"? No, Sharon, people really will think you're weird. :)

I got annoyed when people said "Breck" at first. But now I say it, too. But please, please, don't say Bue-ny Vista. Real natives also have a weird way of pronouncing "Pueblo."

share this