Friday, August 29, 2008

muppet babies and care bears...

Apparently yesterday's post made me reminisce about my childhood, and then I started remembering all the awesome toys I had, then I found all these commercials for them, so I just had to gather them all in one place.

sally secret - I liked her because she was a "crafts" doll, her earrings were little rubber stamps, and stickers came out of her gut!





puppy surprise - I had a puppy surprise AND a kitty surprise, both had 4 babies inside:)





secret places, I had the one with the pool, I thought it was the coolest thing ever





my sister and I would fight over this all the time, we still have it and it still works





Baby talk, or Michelle as my sister knows her (still)




apparently girls AND boys will like this doll. I had one, I never really cared about it because I hated dolls and all she would say was "turn me over"

alphie, a "computer" for children





The doll who's hair grew when you put her arm up, my sister and I both had one, that matched our own hair color, my mom would always do that





commercials are so creepy in the 80's, I didn't have this doll, I had a magic nursery PET, where you dissolve something and find out what kind of animal you had...it was super creepy looking.





I completely forgot about this one! but I remember how the paper smelled!





this was such a cool toy in theory:

A Dear Diary

only, it wasn't really a diary, you could password protect it, which was cool, but you couldn't write a diary in it, you could store phone numbers, and notes like one sentence long, and every time it froze it would erase everything....but it was still pretty awesome


I had one of these, even though I wasn't allowed to play with playdoh, at least not in the house





I wish I could find the commercial for play-doh's "Flower making basket" it had a song that went "a tisket a tasket a flower making basket", and you'd push the handle from one side to the other and flower petals would come up, and they were scented, sometimes people walk by me and I think "their perfume smells like play-doh"

No comments:

share this